Monday, June 03, 2013

{ditto} DIY: Inspired Design for the Rest of Us - Challenge

Do you follow Kelly @ View Along the Way??  If not you should - she has great style!  She has hooked up with some other great talent to offer 

for more details on this check out Kelly's blog post (here).

This month's challenge is GO FOR THE GOLD!  I decided to take the challenge this month and do a vignette that included items that are gold.  I didn't have too many around my house, but I got out my acrylic paint in Antique Gold and added some touches.


 I added some to this little candle holder that was a rusty brown.


I decided to create a new vignette on my dining room table.  I included several of my new thrifted clocks, as well as a few other small items.


I added some gold paint to a large shell and a small bird that I had here at the house already, as well as to the rusty candle holder I showed you above.


Did you see Sloan in the background of that one?  He likes to photo bomb my pictures!!



I enjoyed this challenge and can't wait to see what the criteria for the next one is!  
Are you taking the challenge?  If you are, I'd love to see what you've come up with!

Cheryl

Linking up @

4 comments:

  1. Your clocks are very beautiful and it reminds me of Great Expectations. I really like the one with the herringbone design. Your candle holder adds a touch of whimsey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by - glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Hey Cheryl aka Mom! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you to do the Colours of the Rainbow tag!
    :) Chelsey aka your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vignette! I love the gold with black, and your pretty clock collection. Also kinda digging the kitty in the background. :) Thanks for linking up!!

    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!