Monday, January 14, 2013

The Spice in my Life...

In case you aren't aware, I've been trying to get my home organized by keeping up with Organizer Extraordinaire, Peter Walsh, and his 31Days2Organization...

Yesterday's challenge was organizing the spice cupboard.  Here's a look at my cupboard BEFORE.


It wasn't a total mess but there were alot of spices that were old and not being used.  First thing I did was to take everything out of the cabinet and place it on top of the stove.


I had this spice organizer hiding in the back of the cabinet.  Many of the spices were old so I pitched them in the garbage and refilled many of them.


I also bought a few more spice jars at the Dollar Tree to free up some of the loose bags of spices that were in my cabinet. They were a great deal at $1 and have the shaker lids on them. 


 To keep track of what spices were in them I just used some cheap labels and a sharpie marker.  But you could get very fancy and make your own labels or perhaps use chalkboard labels and some chalk.  I was looking more for something that I had on hand and that wouldn't take alot of extra time.



Now I could get rid of all this extra packaging that was taking up valuable space in my cabinet.



Here are my AFTER photos!



It took me the better part of an hour to get this challenge completed.  But its nice to know that all my spices are now fresh and organized...

Thank Peter Walsh  for another great challenge!

Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Your "before" looks like my "after!" I need to grab some of those dollar store spice jars. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!