Friday, October 11, 2013

Healthy Encouragement

For those of you who have followed here from the beginning...and know my health story - skip down to the next paragraph...
For those NOT in the Know...here's the skinny...

Four years ago I was diagnosed with CML -Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.
 This happened during a routine physical - I thought I was going through menopause at the time.
It turns out the reason I wasn't getting a period is because my body wasn't building enough blood cells...
After many scary months and searching for a stem cell donor (of which no matches could be found),
 I did a trial protocol using my sister's 1/2 matched cells.
 Suffice it to say that I am now someone's science project - but doing very well!!

For a long time my health was my top priority - fast forward 3 years and I am still doing well and
I am in Remission 
but here's where I need some "Healthy Encouragement"...

During transplant I lost a "ton" of weight because of having mouth sores for seven months and not being able to eat much.  While I enjoyed being "skinny" - I never looked healthy.  Here is it 3 years later and after "living large" for so long, I now need to put the focus back on myself and get some weight off..
The picture of me here on the blog, is one I am most proud of,
 a healthy weight, sadly that was 25 pounds ago.

I struggle with staying out the fridge during the day...like many others out there I am sure,
 so I found something to help remind me to make better food choices. 


Health Encouragement Cards

I found this image Simply Bloom Blog
It is a FREE printable - so I printed it out and hung it on my fridge!
  It is helping to remind me that I am WORTH the effort and when I do go into the fridge for a snack...
I come out with a healthier choice!

If you are struggling with weight issues, this just might be the "Healthy Encouragement" you need too!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I am so glad you are in remission. You have already had an overwhelming struggle with your transplant. Now you have another struggle. I wish only the best for you and I will be praying that you succeed in this endeavor.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! i love this printable! what great, affirming quotes those are!! i am such an emotional eater. chocolate is a necessary part of my day and doesn't usually come in healthy portions when it comes... every day. aye!

    i am so glad that you are in remission!

    would it be totally weird if i told you that i have an essential oil blend that is helping me with sugar cravings, mental eating, insulin regulation, etc?? a lot of people are finding great success at sticking to their diets by using the oil. if you want to try it, email me! hugs= ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing my printable...I'm thrilled to know it was a source of encouragement for you, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!