Saturday, May 21, 2016

Summer on the Porch

The weather here has actually been spring-like this week and I have spent the majority of my time outside in my daughter's yard.  She was away this week on vacation and hired me to tend to her yard while she was away.

Once I was finished over there, I was able to work in my yard and to get some shots of the front porch to share with you today.  Sit back and relax...lots of pictures coming your way!




 There have been a few new additions to the porch decor this year...


 These chairs McG gave to me at the end of last summer for my "BIG" birthday...I love them because they are rockers.  The runner I purchased at IKEA in Florida when we were there back in March.



I added some faux flowers under the porch because real ones don't get enough sun under here.
This table arrangement is made in a $5 cement planter that I found at a local thrift store back in the fall.  It came with all the greenery and I just change out the flowers for the season.  These flowers I purchased for a few dollars at a local Dollarama store.




This iron and wood pot holder used to be in the entryway of our other home and most recently in the family room here.  I've had it for a number of years and decided it needed to make it's way outside this year.  Under the porch it doesn't get much weather so it should hold up just fine.  It holds some faux flowers for a great punch of  fuss free colour on the porch.



 Also new this year, is the round "barrel" table that we purchased at Costco.  It actually opens up and holds the cushions for the chairs when we are not using them.








I've added some real flowers to the garden around the porch, for a pop of colour against the house.





This is the view from my chair...

I hope you enjoyed the tour of our front porch...I loved sharing it with you!

2 comments:

  1. super sweet hang out spot!! that window with the flowers on the wall is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very pretty, Cheryl. I need to get to work on my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!