Thursday, November 27, 2014

Starting My Christmas Decorating...

We spent the last weekend moving our daughter into her new home.  
As I showed you last week, our house had been taken over by boxes and a myriad of
items that needed to be moved.


When we downsized back in August, she took all the furniture
that we weren't going to be using here, and rented a storage unit,
 knowing that she would be buying her own home in the near future.

None us thought that it would be so soon though, and
 although we miss her terribly, we are so proud of the woman that she has become.

To get my mind off her moving, my BFF and I met up on Monday for a afternoon of
thrifting and lunch.


I picked up three poinsettias to fill my metal planter and placed it on the kitchen table.
The plants were $2.99 each at a local greenhouse.


They have some glitter on the leaves for that extra festive feeling!

I found some teal ornaments at the first thrift store we went to...15 of them for just $2.
I also purchased this lovely glass dish.  It has an iridescent finish.  
Both made it into this vignette on the sofa table in the living room.



I've managed to keep this little Norway Pine alive since last Christmas, so it got added as well.
The rest of the teal ornaments got sprinkled throughout the living room.


I added a photo of the kids with Santa from years gone by, and a FREE printable I found
over @ Craftberry Bush.
I framed it in a thrifted frame to add a nostalgic look.

I will doing the bulk of my Christmas decorating after the first of December, however, we did get
our outdoor lights up a couple of weeks ago.


I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheryl

Linking Up @:

7 comments:

  1. It's looking very festive at your new home, Cheryl. I'll have to start digging things out this weekend, with December just around the corner.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your daughter is on her way to starting her adult life, and that's a good thing! It's always a little bittersweet though.

    You've gotten an early start on your decorating Cheryl. I always think it's a good idea to put up lights early if one lives in a cold climate because ya never know what Mother Nature will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done any Christmas decorating yet! The outside of your house looks so pretty with the lights and that printable with the car is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love outdoor Christmas lights....although our house has none. We live in an older home with no outdoor electrical outlets. The children and I love to look at Christmas lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrifting and lunch will always cure what ails you!
    Pretty poinsettias. :)
    Thanks for linking up, lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!