Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Outdoor Decor

It's a beautiful day here today in Southern Ontario...temps in the mid 50's and sunny!  I have had my outdoor  fall décor up for sometime now...actually really early on in September.  The neighbours probably thought I was a little crazy putting it out there when the temperatures were still in the 80's, but it seems that fall comes way too fast around here, and I wanted to be able to enjoy it for awhile!


This is a view of our home from the street, with our maple tree a gorgeous yellow - I swear every morning when I get up it is yellow-er (is that a word?) than the day before...You can see in the background a few of our fall décor items...nothing too scary here at this house - just the right mix of fall and Halloween décor.  Let's take a closer look...


a scarecrow out by the elm...


a ghost in a wine barrel planter on the side of the driveway...and a fall wreath on the tree...


...another look from the street


A closer look at the porch and we find the pumpkin planter filled with mums and another wreath on the front door...


For this wreath I chose a mix of orange mums and yellow sun flowers to repeat the yellow that is so prominent right now in the colour of the maple leaves on our tree...It also helps the wreath to "pop" off the blue door when looking from the street...



here's a closer view showing the autumn leaves and the yellow butterfly.

I have saved the best Halloween decoration for last....


This is Sloan, our black cat, who is waiting patiently at the door for his Momma to be done taking pictures outside...ISN'T HE SCARY!!!

I love adding seasonal touches to our home...do you decorate for fall or Halloween? I'd love to hear how you decorate for the season!

Cheryl
Linking up at: The Inspired RoomNo Minimalist HereFunky Junk InteriorsDIY showoffA Pretty Life in the Suburbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!