Thursday, November 29, 2012

Its Starting to Look a bit like Christmas...

Since I posted my kitchen tour this morning and you got a glimpse of some decorations going up - I thought I would go ahead and post about the wonderful arrangement I made for my kitchen "mantel"!




I started with an oblong metal planter that I already had.  It has an aqua tint to it which I love! Next I added faux pine boughs that I purchased 50% off at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago...We don't have Hobby Lobby stores here in Canada so I went cross-border shopping - actually McG and I do that quite often.



They were very realistic and came with small pine cones attached.  I also purchased some boughs from Garden Ridge - these types of things are much more affordable in the US.  I didn't even use oasis to complete the arrangement.  I just laid them into the planter, making sure to leave them hanging over the sides a bit.  I layered in large pine cones that I had here already.



I added silver sinemay ribbon around the edges of the container, tucking it in gently, to add some sparkle to the arrangement.  I also added some glittery brown ornaments and some silver glittered wicker balls that I purchased at Dollar Tree.  





I also purchased the silver berry branches and the silver reindeer at the Dollar Tree store.  I have been there about 5 times since they opened here in our city a few weeks ago - they are a great resource for budget decorating!





It makes a lovely holiday display on the ledge between my kitchen and dining room.  Here's a view from the dining room...










It's just the first of my decorations to go up.  I am hoping to get my Christmas tree up this weekend, as well as, finish up the last few projects in the entryway.

Are you decorating for the holidays too?  I'd love to hear from you!

Cheryl

Linking up @:  DebbiedoosBeyond The Picket Fence,
                            SongbirdThe Cottage Magpie,
                            Sand and SisalSouthern Savvy Style,
                            The TablescaperCupcakes and Crinoline
                            It's so very CheriSetting for Four,
                            Three Mango Seeds
                            Uncommon Slice of Suburbia   
                            The Frugal Homemaker       

21 comments:

  1. Yay! the christmas tree is going up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice arrangement. I'd like to pick up some evergreen boughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog because it lead me to yours. I love your center piece so so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, I just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog and I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! See this post for more info: http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - thank you so much! I'll be sure and check it out - thanks for stopping by. I hope you become a regular follower

      Delete
  5. Hi Cheryl, it's nice to meet another Canadian blogger. Thanks for stopping by my site. I've added you to my Canada Blog Hop. Hope you visit again soon.

    I really like your arrangement. We recently had one of our dollar stores converted into a Dollar Tree and it is great. I see from another of your posts that you bought some of the same stars as me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding me to the Canadian bloggers list on your site - I am really liking the Dollar Tree - I have another post coming up using the snowflakes and stars

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful centerpiece! I love all the greens together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Marianne - glad you liked it!

      Delete
  7. Your mantel arrangement is so pretty. I find myself going to the dollar tree more often than I used to as well. I am so far behind in my Christmas decorating, but I will be posting some new things soon. Thanks for following me and I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Diane - I'll be watching for your new posts - I have a few more planned as well...that is if I can ever get my shopping and decorating done!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow that is so pretty girl. I love how you used the mesh too. Thanks for sharing at our Dollar tree party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an area between my kitchen and eating area that would look great with something like this. What a great idea! I may have to borrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it - be sure and send me a picture of yours if you decide to do one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. It looks so pretty. I love the soft silver ribbon you used to fill in the gaps. I've only been cross-border shopping once and I have to admit it was lots of fun. I went in April though so there weren't any Christmas decorations out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace - thanks for stopping by - I purchased that sinemay ribbon here in Canada at the Superstore - $6 for the roll - its about a foot wide and the roll has about 30 feet of the ribbon - it really is more or a mesh than a ribbon

      Delete
  11. very nice display! and yes it looks great in that spot between the living room and kitchen on your ledge.

    thanks for linking up to a Homemade Christmas!

    Christina @ TheFrugalHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!