Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SUMMER is Knocking on My Door!




Okay, so those of you that are faithful followers here know that I love to change up my grapevine wreath. 





Well the summer weather is just around the corner (it was 82 degrees here today!), so I thought I'd change it out again.  I made a quick trip to the local Dollarama and picked up a few supplies.


Two gerber daisy garlands ($1.25 each)...One pink and one yellow


and 2 pairs of children's flip flops ($1 each).


Since I like to re-invent my wreath for every season, I never use hot glue or anything else to affix things to the wreath.  It makes taking it apart and making another one so much easier!

I just attached the garlands by tucking them into the wreath.  Once they both were attached I had to figure out how I was going to make the flip flops stay on the wreath.  I found some shish-ka-bob skewers in my kitchen drawer and broke them down to about 4 inches.  Then I pushed it through the hole in the flip flop where the toe is.



Then I just pushed the skewer into the wreath.


It all went together in less than 10 minutes! Now that's my kind of project - instant gratification!!

And it makes a great SUMMER statement on my front door!




Are you adding some SUMMER accessories to your home yet??  I'd love to hear about what you're doing!!

19 comments:

  1. That's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sue! Glad you stopped by!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too clever! I might just have to copy this cute idea.....love the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so cute....Thank you for sharing a One More Time Events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cute!!! Love the flip flops!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVES it! I love that you keep repurposing the same wreath too. I do that all the time. Thanks for sharing your summer dollar fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOW, THIS is the cutest summer wreath, EVER!! In fact, I am about to get dressed and go to the dollar store and COPY THE HECK out of this,....tooo cute. I need a cute wreath for my dining area that is very near to my son's swimming pool...won't this be adorable !! Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Fun party, hu !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks BJ - I'm glad I could inspire you - I'd love to see yours when its ready!

      Delete
  8. Such a cute wreath and at such a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your wreaths are amazing, but this one is fabulous. I love the flip flops, how fun. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marty! Glad you like it - thanks for hosting the party!

      Delete
  10. Hi... Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events, Just stopping by to let you know you have been featured. Hope you can come by and join the party again this week http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/05/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_26.html...Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!