Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thrifty Finds...

McG is away this weekend having some "guy" time with his brother, brother-in-law and cousin, so I took advantage of this weekend time alone to do something I love.   I love to travel the yard-sale circuit on Saturday mornings and I lucked out today as there were quite a few of sales today, including one that went on for ten blocks! I set out at 8 am because the early bird gets the worm as they say, and I wanted to get there while there was still some good stuff!!

Here are the treasures I found today - these lovely bookends for $2! They are about 5 inches tall and in great condition.


A clock for $3, the mirror was $4 and the wicket tray and the little sign were a buck!  I haven't gotten this lucky in a long time and was anxious to get home and find a place for my treasures.



The clock got cleaned up and found a home on the buffet in the dining room, along with the bookends and some green glass that I have been collecting from the local Value Village.  It is the year for green you know!  These little treasures were not more than $1 each and I've been finding them over the past few weeks.


The best deal of the day I have left for last.  Remember this planter I showed you last week - it had bamboo stakes in the middle that I am hoping my Morning Glories will grow up???


Well the bamboo stakes have been replaced by a large obelisk that I found at a yard sale today for $5.00!!!
That sucker is huge and weighs about 20 pounds...it got a quick spray of oil rubbed bronze spray paint and then off it went to its new home...


I think it was a fabulous day for yard sales - I got some great stuff and I didn't even spend $20 for the whole lot!!

Have you found any treasures lately?  I'd love to hear about them!

17 comments:

  1. Great finds!!! Love the obelisk!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Angela - its my favourite find of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a large obelisk for 5 bucks....we soooo have to go garage saling together!! Great finds....Love the bookends too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine - I was amazed too! When I asked the woman how much she wanted and she said $5 I didn't even hesitate or haggle...just handed over the money and got out of there before she changed her mind!!

      Delete
  4. You got some terrific bargains!

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yard/garage saling on Saturdays too... you made some fabulous finds! I love those book ends and that plant trellis! Thanks for your visit to the happy housie earlier- so pleased to meet you!!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Krista! I am enjoying the bookends!

      Delete
  6. The horse bookends are fabulous! You have some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found us...thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  7. Great finds!! Great prices too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I am ready to head out again next week and see what I can find!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, I need to shop with you. I love it all, but especially the clock and the garden trellis. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Cheryl! Love the obelisk and the clock... great finds for sure!!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog; so happy to have found you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finds! I've enjoyed looking through your blog. Check out Sunshine PenPals and join the fun, we'd love to have you!
    http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna B - glad to meet you - I will definitely check it out!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!