Saturday, May 11, 2013

What's Blooming - Week #2

I can't believe a whole week has gone by already!!  There are some of my favourites blooming in the garden this week - I can't wait to show you!

First up - the weeping crab apple tree!  This is in the garden that is directly adjacent to our patio and gazebo.


Here's a closer look at the blooms...they are a soft pink that fades to white.


Next up - the purple sandcherry trees - we have two of these - one at the back fence and another to the right of our deck.  Here's the one at the back fence.  I love the contrast with the yellow of the euyonomous and the green of the cedar.  If you look closely you can see that the hostas are up quite a bit too!


Here's a closer look of the blooms on the tree near our deck.


I have saved the best for last!!  The lilacs opened up this week too - we have a purple bush and a white one.
The white one is right outside our dining room window so they are easy to pick and bring inside.  I took this picture right out of the window.


Here's an arrangement of some of both colours I brought inside to enjoy this week!


and a closer look at these as well...


Aren't they just beautiful and don't you just wish you could smell them...they are so fragrant.  

I love this time of year and the gifts that spring brings!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to figure out the name of the purple sandcherry tree that you shared!! I've seen them all over my town and really like them. I'm hoping to add a tree to our front landscaping this year and have contemplated something with color. Pinning this to remember it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!