Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thrifty Finds in Muskoka!

McG and I had an opportunity to do some exploring a couple of weeks ago while we were visiting friends at their cottage.

Our day-trip into Bracebridge Ontario found us stopping at the local Royal Canadian Legion for a HUGE yard sale!! 
 I managed to find a couple of great things and only spent $1.50!


A small enamelware pail with its wooden handle, a blue glass carafe, and a bed-sheet.
  You can see the colour of the glass better in this shot.  It's much like a great  blue Ball Mason Jar!



I LOVED the colours of the bed sheet and couldn't leave it there for 50 cents...I think its just what I need to finish up a storage solution in the laundry room...and that turquoise and orange and green pattern
...mmmm LOVE IT!!!
  Here's a closer look...


Oh and by the way...the laundry room is finally almost ready for a reveal!  It's only been, what, seven months since we showed you  "our dirty little secret".  Seven months we have spent on it, slowly making it more presentable...and it's still not my "dream laundry room" yet but its more functional and does look prettier than before!  This sheet will help to put the finishing touches on a storage solution in there.

Well, that's it for my Muskoka yard sale finds...
Do you visit yard sales while you are out of town???

I'd LOVE to hear from you - please leave a comment!!

Cheryl

Linking up @:
The Frugal Homemaker 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Country Design Style! I'm following you back and can't wait to see your laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jeanette!! I just finished up some projects using the sheet I bought - the full reveal will most likely go up next week!

      Delete
  2. Nice finds, Cheryl! You can't beat the price you paid for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - and you're right $1.50 for all three was a great price!

      Delete
  3. What a great finds ! Love the sheet with that lovely print. I do some thrifting as well while we were out of town. Sometimes drive my husband crazy :)
    Have a great week !
    Marlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that bed sheet! I am always keeping my eyes for fun sheets too. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!