Sunday, January 13, 2013

Having a Hoot of a Time Attempting a Pottery Barn Knock-off!

Okay - if you follow us on Facebook - you know that I was taking advantage of Friday's lovely weather here in Ontario to tackle a spray painting project...I've always loved the Pottery Barn Owls..

I have been collecting owls lately.  I seem to have something for birds...back a few years ago, it was roosters...now its owls and other bird knick knacks.  The two on the ends, I purchased at the Value Village for $2.99 and the middle one I got at Hobby Lobby during a 50% off day.  They really don't fit in to any of my colour schemes that well, but I do like the look of them and I knew they would be great to use for this attempt at a Pottery Barn Knock-off!  I had been waiting for a warm day to come around and we had record high temperatures here on Friday!





So I got out my spray paint...
and set up a make-shift work bench in the garage...


Here they all are after a couple of light coats of glossy white!  Aren't they lovely?

Now I set them out in three separate spots around my home to brighten up the decor.  The first one on the shelf in my kitchen...


One on the table in my entryway...



And the last one, on top of my sideboard in the dining room.


There you have it - three snowy white owls...shiny and looking lovely all over my home - at a fraction of what you would pay at a store like Pottery Barn!  I love it when I can get the look for less - don't you?!

Have you been taking advantage of this spring-like weather?  I'd love to know what you've been up to!

Cheryl

6 comments:

  1. They are sooooo cute! I too love my STUFF and have quite a few collection of this and that. Where in Ontario are you? We live in Oakville :)

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow when I saw the before I thought "there is not hope for those owls." But now they look great. I love a nice coat of white paint. makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chandeen! - I really like them too - thanks for stopping by - hope you become a follower!

      Delete
  3. Adorable! Gosh, don't you just love spray paint? Especially in white, it can transform anything:)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping Jessica! I do love spray paint - I have a cupboard full to prove it!

      Delete
  4. We've been doing the exact same thing, Cheryl...my girls love owls too. You have a great collection! Love the power of spray paint! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!