Thursday, January 03, 2013

Organizing the Un-Mentionables....

Ok people I am keeping it real here...my underwear and sock drawer (on top of my unmade bed no less!) - My daughter is not liking this post - she's totally embarrassed that I would put my un-mentionables out there for all to see.

"Mom, really, you are putting your underwear on the internet!!!"


I have been following organizer extraordinaire Peter Walsh and his 31 Days to an organized home.  Yesterday's quest was to organize your sock drawer

     source

...so here's what I did.  I went to the dollar store and purchased 3 plastic storage bins.  Nothing fancy just something to corral the underwear, socks and bras in my drawer.


Three fit perfectly - side by side - with a little space leftover.


I went through everything - throwing out what didn't fit and any socks that had no matches or had holes in them.  Then the balance got put back - each in their own cubbie... TA DA!! neat and tidy!


Another small step toward organization done...next stop - the top of my dresser! (hope this post didn't offend anyone - just keeping it real and organizing on a budget) $3 drawer makeover! - Let's just hope I can keep it looking this tidy!

Cheryl
Linking up @:
Fluster Buster

5 comments:

  1. I, for one, loved this! It made me giggle and your realness is just so refreshing. I started cleaning out my closet last night actually!! My sock drawer is especially messy... but I don't think I'm brave enough to post pictures of my unmentionables!! hahahaaaa.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bins are a great idea! I may just have to borrow it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - thanks - I'm glad you found it funny - but keeping it real is what it's about...we all know we can't be perfectly organized everywhere in our home...and what better place to start!

    My Little Home and Garden - please feel free to borrow the idea of the bins - they make things easier to keep sorted

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fantastic idea! Why are unmentionables always the hardest to organize?

    Thank you for participating in the Linky Home Organization Blog Hop.
    Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop of when the blog roundup will go live and come back and share the blog comment love to the others who’ve linked up. We all need a little love….:)
    http://eepurl.com/dih9A
    xoxo,
    Khloe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!